2011년 3월 6일 일요일

Self-Introduction

My face was reddened and was almost turning into white. The flood of words whirled inside me, but I could not pop anyone of them from my own mouth. The more English threatened me, the more I antagonized students who studied abroad. For me, English was a ‘passive’ language because I could read, listen, and understand but this language did not let me to express myself of my own ideas. I abhorred the blank silence after the English teacher asked me a question. One day, the teacher allured me to the answer by almost enforcing me to repeat his words step by step. Yet, as a young child, I behaved in a giddy way in front of my parents by just saying that I talked with a teacher in English. I was thrilled since teachers, parents, and friends seemed to praise me for making a right answer. That absurd event affected me as a turning point and I studied English for the thrill of satisfaction. Not only for English but for everything else throughout my whole life, challenge and passion have been the source of my power. I still fear to try so many things but now I know that I have to face the fear inside myself and have to break it. Just like I overcame the fear against English with my passion, I hope to do so to make my dreams be true.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기